Benchmarking your system is essential if you want to get to the bottom of hardware performance issues or simply measure performance over time.
Geekbench is a processor and memory benchmark that's been especially designed for 64-bit operating systems and multicore processors. The application provides a comprehensive set of benchmarks to measure processor and memory performance. Geekbench is refreshingly easy to use for a benchmarking application and runs testing very quickly.
What's great about it is that you don't have to configure it. Within just a few clicks, you can not only benchmark your system, but share the results with other users via the Geekbench Result Browser although you have to register for a free account to do this. This is a very handy way to see if users on similar machines are getting more out of your system than you are.
Geekbench provides a user friendly way to test your system for either diagnosing problems or simply comparing it with other users.
- Added support for OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and Gatekeeper.
- Added support for Retina Display.
- Added 'geekbench' tool to Geekbench for Linux.
- Improved support for Windows systems with more than 32 cores.
- Improved results display on iPhone, iPod touch, and Android.
- Improved handset and processor detection on Android.
- Fixed spurious high-resolution timer errors on older Windows systems.